Sunday, January 4, 2015

Tamagusuku Castle Site

We had arrived at our official destination of the day!
We first stopped 'next door' and meandered (read: used the facilities and snagged a drink from one of the vending machines) around the Youth Nature Center.
We then began our exploration of the castle site by getting a picture of the marker before following the grassy path among the trees leading to the stairs.

Rodney's sharp eyes spotted this guy watching us from this grouping of prayer sites.


Arriving at the stairs, we made our way up....


At the top, we had to take some pictures with/from this fabulous wall gate!


This view out from the gate shows the ocean and the Nature Center.

Along one of the 'paths' inside the walls...
There wasn't a whole lot to see inside the grounds, being this is the oldest castle site on-island (built pre-14th century), it's now quite grown over except for a few cleared paths and areas. One thing I found fascinating was this vine of fruit(?). I never did find out what they actually were. After seeing them here, I noticed them growing on a couple of yard walls when out walking Truman in our neighborhood.



Anyway, we spent a bit of time inside the walls, then were heading back to the car, when Rodney went to look around a 'corner' of the wall. I had waited on the path when I heard him call my name telling me I needed to come "check this out!" This is where/how I found him---
You can tell by my body language, I was like "ummm, alrighty"!!!
But, I followed him down and thus began the biggest adventure of the day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment