Thursday, August 23, 2012

ECO Japan Two-Day

This school group was large enough that on the first day half the group participated in ECO Japan Cultural Relations Program while the other half visited a tourist spot. On the second day, the two groups switched.

DAY ONE

In any culture, it seems every "road trip" requires a potty stop!!

After that we headed to Katsuren Castle.
This is my group and my friend Diane's group (and her two kids :).

My girls...

Climbing the stairs....

Take a picture break on the way back down!!

We provide lunch for them as part of the program, so we get to teach them how to make a ham and cheese sandwich! And they LOVE Fruit Rollups!!!!
Sadly, during lunch, we got a call that the incoming typhoon had raised the weather condition to a level requiring us to come back early.

So, we snapped our last group pics and parted ways....
Each group had made a sign with their host's name :)

DAY TWO

We were getting more rain this day after the typhoon had passed, so doing much outdoors was out of the question. So, we went shopping first!!

Mihama Carnival Park at American Village

I got to have my first experience with the photo booths!!
We all huddled inside the booth for eight shots.

Then, out to the screens to choose how many pictures you want on the sheet and decorate the poses you want to keep.

When they've printed out, you cut them apart to share with your group. The big surprise to me was---they're stickers!! So, they helped me put one on the back of my phone :)

At that point, it was time for lunch....but where do you have a picnic when it's raining harder as the day goes by?!?!?

The large gazebo by the beach, that's where!!
By the time we finished eating, the rain was blowing in sideways and the girls were simply DONE being out in the yucky weather. Now, part of the regulations of the exchange program is they are not allowed on base. BUT, since I don't live on base.....

We went back to my house for some UNO...
(And let me tell you, some of them are "VICIOUS" UNO players!! ;o)

...and Wii 'Just Dance'!!!

It was a much fun way to spend a couple hours out of the rain and wind and thunder!

So, we had to do our group shots in my living room :)
But, it worked well to put the cameras on the table and set the timers!! We just had to make sure they were all finished flashing before we moved!

My girls...

At that point, it was time to head to the busses....in the POURING rain!!
My sweet girl seemed to have a good day :)
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment