Friday, August 3, 2012

15th Anniversary Getaway -- the Beach: Day 1

Following our early afternoon arrival and check-in, we decided that despite the overcast sky and sprinkles, we wanted to go ahead and go to the beach. After all, what's the difference of getting wet in the ocean or getting wet in the rain! So, we donned our swimwear and headed on down....

This statue stands above the beach. I'm not sure what it means or what it's for, but, it is very cool looking!

And the skies were very cool looking, too, that afternoon!!
It was fascinating to watch the clouds roll over the mountain across the bay.

The cottages sit on that hill above the beach. Those two cottages have quite the view!!

Rodney spent his time seashelling and seaglassing...

...while I did a little picture taking :)
This pic turned out as one of those 'cool accidents'! This flower was on a bank of sand about 3 feet tall. I stepped up into the bank and as I snapped, I slipped! I also ended up with 3-4 mosquito bites in the process!

These were taken the next day on another beach, but you can see what they normally look like. I think the purple flowers are lovely! This natural ground cover seems to really like the sand and salt water!
 
Back to our rainy day beach visit....

As we made our way to the right end of the beach, we discovered this little inlet. The little white specks growing on the rock walls...

...are wild lilies!!!
I have on my bucket list to visit one of the smaller neighboring islands, Ie Island, for the Yuri Matsuri (Lily Festival)!!

These red ocean flowers are cool! I'd never seen them before.

We made our way to the other end of the beach...
(Can you spy Rodney's head??)
 

By the time we made it to the other end, the drizzle had pretty much turned to straight up rain!

So, dripping wet, we headed back to the car and to the cottage for an evening in, looking forward to a sunny day at the beach tomorrow!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment