Monday, October 11, 2010

THREE more days!!!

I do apologize for not keeping this up-to-date, but I was really didn't want to use this as a "venting" session. We've had some real issues with this whole transition (which we'd been warned about), but we should be just about finished with the road bumps. See, I was staying behind to fly with Truman, who couldn't fly before Sept. 30 due to the heat embargo for short-nosed dogs. Turns out it may have been a blessing in disguise because Rodney discovered quickly that my paperwork had not been processed and I was not approved to enter the country!! I'm not sure what they would have done if I had traveled over with Rodney....hhhmmmm... Anyway, that was rapidly taken care of and now we are simply waiting on one last stamp on Truman's paperwork and we will be set to go!!

A reminder lesson I've had in this process-- God IS bigger than paperwork and red tape :) We were to notify Japan that we were importing a dog 30-40 days ahead of time. But since I didn't have my flight info, how could I?? As soon as I had my flight info, though, I completed the form and (despite the WRONG email address on the information from the Marine website!) Rodney was able to get the correct email and we had approval in 36 hours!! Now, I'm looking forward to see how he works through getting the final stamp from the USDA in a very short time since we have flight reservations for Oct. 14 and to see how he works through getting us housing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment