Friday, September 24, 2010

Navy Life Chapter 3!!

It has begun---Rodney has officially started our new chapter of Navy Life!! He is now safely in Okinawa! After a long, but uneventful 20 or so hours of travel, he was greeted by a group of his fellow Chaplains and wives!! He is already excited about the next three years :)
He is currently in the Bachelor Officers' Quarters (BOQ) which are basically bare bones, so one of the wives had stocked it with a few lunchables, snacks, drinks, and towels. He says their wives group is (obviously) very involved and they are anxious to meet me! His Command Chaplain has given him his initial directives-- take care of: housing, a car, and getting me there!! He is so excited that his job will be mostly out and about with the Marines, not sitting in an office all the time.
As of yet, I still don't have arrangements, but I know that will come soon. (If not, Rodney's going to be sitting on some heads :) I'll keep you posted!!

No comments:

Post a Comment