Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Kyoto -- Thousand Toriis Village

A few final shots along the torii path as we returned to the entrance...



This photo doesn't really do justice of the dusk sunlight.

The red-orange light shining on the top of the torii.


Streets in the village outside the torii park...


When walking past one of the shops, I saw these two lovely young ladies and, pointing to my camera, asked, "Daijoubu?" Requesting if it was ok to take their picture. To my surprise, the taller girl replied in near perfect English, "We're not Japanese, we're from Taiwan!" OH!! I told her I was sorry and she giggled, assuring me it was ok. We struck up a conversation about our visits. They had rented the kimonos for their visit and found it annoying and were a bit perturbed that people would stop them to take photos of and with them without asking permission. They got a kick that we were from Okinawa and appreciated my asking for a photo first, so they offered to take one together!!
So.... then I felt really bad when I realized I had already taken a shot of them without their permission!!

Which made me feel a little guilty for these other photos I'd taken along the way...

It was just so hard not to when those kimonos are so fabulous!


My glimpse of the sunset from the train platform...


I was mesmerized by these flowers along the torii path....

...and humored by this sign in the toilet!!!

Our next day's adventures: the Golden Pavilion and Nijo Castle....

No comments:

Post a Comment