Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The Tomori Stone Lion


Original photo taken June 18, 1945, during the Battle of Okinawa according to blog.mikesryukyugallery.com.

According to "Map It! Okinawa" he was placed here in this position by a Feng Shui Master facing the Yaese Mountians to prevent fires.

The exact date of origin is evidently a mystery, but is reportedly first mentioned in an article written in 1689! Looking at the bullet marks.....oh, the stories he could tell.......


NOTE: I had taken some really cool pictures of Rodney re-enacting the original photo and a couple of good ones of what I think was a banana spider. Sickeningly, on our next stop, my camera fritzed and deleted ALL the pictures off my SD card!!! So, I guess now we'll just have to go back ;)
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment