Saturday, November 29, 2014

Jane Wayne Day

March 22, 2013
I had friends, both Marine spouses and Chaplain spouses, who had had the opportunity with their units to play Marine for a day during Jane Wayne Day. FINALLY, I had the chance!!
All the spouses were divided up by squadrons and rotated through a handful of stations. Our group started with Self-Defense.
 This guy is a Marine Corps Martial Arts guy!


 Our next stop was the simulators. There was quite a line to fly the new Osprey, so I opted for the C130. Even though Rodney was working that day, he was able to hang out with us for most of it, so he got to fly, too!


Then, we headed to the big machinery and climbed around on an assault vehicle.





 Yeah... that's my "tough" face.....
 Got to take little ride in the seven-ton!!
 Our next stop was on the flight line.
First up was a C130!
My friend, Krystin, and me in the back of the C130.
 I just flew this bad boy on the simulator, surely I can handle it for real, right?!?!?

 Next, to check out the Osprey!!
This is what Krystin's husband flies!


 Our last stop was at the ammo depot where we were able to do some laser shooting.
Sure would have been fun to shoot this bad boy!! But,alas... 'no joy'...


 Our day ended with lunch and a demonstration.

 Then, time for smiles and a "Certificate of Participation"!!
It was a really good day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment