Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Dive Pics

On the first day of our open water dive, we followed this guide chain, hand-over-hand, to the drop-off that went down to our first classroom at 20 feet below sea level. 
On our first dive that day, Kenta allowed us to simply swim around enjoying the experience of breathing underwater and the view. On our second dive we circled up for our class time during which we demonstrated the skills he had taught us and we had practiced in the pool the two evenings prior.

On this, our second day of open water diving, it was the same format, except we didn't follow the dive chain out, we swam out to the dive buoy and descended while visually following the guide rope, which you can see in this picture. (This is me!)
It's a bird! It's a plane! NO, it's "Super Rodney"!!
I have descended to 60 feet and am showing I am "OK." In diving, if you give thumbs up, it says "ascend," so you show "ok."
Me and Rodney
I'm waiting my turn in our circle to demonstrate a skill. 
 Rodney is having a turn with Kenta
I'm demonstrating I can "hover"

Here's a small sampling of some of the ocean life we saw~
 Notice the sea urchin in the rock's crevice
 This is like the view at the drop off down to our classroom.
 A big blue sea star
 This is a good shot of the reef!
 A lion fish

Hopefully, I'll be getting my hands on pictures from our first day's dive to post. At this time, we're anxiously waiting for the weather/waves to cooperate to allow us to go again!! We LOVED it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment