Friday, November 5, 2010

Welcome to Okinawa!! (Finally! ;)

October 15, 2010 ~ I was honored to be met at the airport by my own little greeting party--a few of the Chaplains and spouses!  The Command Chaplain's wife brought a basket of goodies from the Chaplain Spouses Club a couple of coffee mugs, rice cakes, chop sticks, dish soap and sponges, and an Okinawa hand towel. Even a fun little toy for Truman!!
The wife of the outgoing Chaplain brought me a little bag of Okinawa goodies, too!

Here a few pics of things that I thought you might find interesting....
a bag of rice cakes, a bottle of dish soap, a bag of little sugar packets, and a can of tea. In the front are some packs of gum, which were also in our welcome basket.

I find it kinda funny that we still get to drink California milk!! But, its not a gallon--its 3 qts! Also, its ULTRA pasteurized to have a longer shelf life. It does have just a little bit of a different taste, but not much.

No comments:

Post a Comment