Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Singapore ~ Day 2: Little India

Our second day of adventure took us to Little India, then Chinatown.
In Little India I made a couple of purchases......
a SARONG.....

and HENNA TATTOOS!!
It was CRAZY how fast she was able to do that!! All that intricate detail and she just whipped it out... She had my hand and ankle done in a matter of less than 5 minutes!!!
It felt like I had icing on me, which is pretty much what it was, actually. Then once it dried and fell off, the stain remained. It lasted for a good couple of weeks or so. Especially the one on my ankle. Guess I wash my hands more than I wash my ankle!!

If you've not heard much about Singapore, the running "joke" is that it is a FINE city--- they have a fine for this and a fine for that..... including urinating on the sidewalk!!!

This is an example of some of the buildings in Little India. I believe the first building was a temple.

Before we left Little India, we had lunch at The Banana Leaf. It was an Indian restaurant where the food is served on a nice green (clean!) banana leaf! And yes, we ate with our hands! It was some mighty yummy food. We had a couple of different kinds of curry and the na'an (Indian bread) was delicious!!

Then we made our way to Chinatown......

No comments:

Post a Comment