Sunday, June 2, 2013

Shanghai -- People's Park

And--- we're off.....

...getting subway tickets to explore Shanghai.
The last day of our tour was a free day!!
Sunny had given us some ideas of what to see and do around the city.

Our first stop was People's Park.
 

We got there just in time to witness "zhenghun" ...
the arranging of marriages!!
All those papers hanging up are fliers of
marriage-eligible sons and daughters.

The discovery of a small amusement park inside the park drew the Baileys away, so Rodney and I went on on our own ;0)

One entrance to the park with the Radisson BLU and Samsung building in the background. 

I'm sure this art museum would have been fascinating!
 
 

I got quite a look for taking a picture of this very exciting card game!!
 
 

 We so loved the fall colors!!!

These girls started talking to us practicing their English...
or in their word "Chenglish."
One of them actually told me I speak good English.
I couldn't help but think, "Well, I'd sure hope so!!" 

Shanghai Urban Planning Exhibition Center 

Rodney spotted the cross on top of this building.
Turns out it is Moore Memorial Church which was originally established by American Christian missionaries in 1887!! 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment