Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Araha Beach

Our neighborhood beach.....

Here are some of my favorite snapshots taken between mid-March and mid-May.
 
 
 
 

My view one afternoon looking into the swimming area.
The netting keeps out the box jellyfish which are mean creatures!

Outside the netted swimming area, when driftwood washes up, they simply gather it up into piles, dig holes, put in the driftwood, break it up with the shovel, then cover it up!
 
 

This boat carries people over to the fishing dock in front of our apartment. I believe they supply all you need to go fishing.

The double banana being pulled by a jet ski....
I so want to do that!!

The beach was quite busy during Golden Week when the Japanese all take vacation and have many different celebrations.
 
 

I find it fascinating-- these Japanese ladies enjoying the beach completely covered and sitting under their sunbrellas to avoid freckles!!
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment