Saturday, March 10, 2012

Himawari Matsuri!! (aka: Sunflower Festival)

This gorgeous day turned out to be the only non-rainy day that week!! It was a perfect to to explore these beautiful fields during the Himawari Matsuri (Sunflower Festival)!!
 
 

We saw this sign after we'd meandered through the maze. I said, "We didn't find the teddy bear in there!" My friend, Diane, said, "We didn't find a little girl either!!"

I think they were taking donations to help care for the fields.

In true Japanese form--- a picture spot!!
Diane and I couldn't resist :)
 

Yep, poinsettias!!
 

And, yep, a rhinoceros!!

AND, Godzilla hatching from his egg :)
G. wasn't quite sure what to think of sitting by him!

My fellow sunflower visitors-- Diane holding G., Polly, and G.'s mom, Cara  
 
 
 
 

I had never seen orange sunflowers before and they were quite lovely! My understanding is they are called "Chianti Sun."
 
 
 

It was a glorious display!!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. How interesting and beautiful! How the festival originated and what they do with the harvest? All what do you know about.
    Thank you.
    Lara

    ReplyDelete